Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Conflux

I'm home again, after a wonderful convention.

The best part was sharing with writer par excellence, Karen Miller, and talking writing, books, publishing, ideas...and even discussing a writing problem I was having at 5.30 a.m. one morning and having the solution handed to me by Karen before 6 a.m.!

Karen was the Australian Guest of Honour, along with Kaaron Warren and Rose Mitchell, and the two international guests,  Nalo Hopkinson (writer) and Marc Gascoigne (publisher) -- an array of talent and knowledge and wit that was mind boggling. Fabulous, fabulous people.

And so many old friends to meet and chat with as well... far too many to name.

I find that SF/F conventions rejuvenate me. I plunge back into the labour of writing with renewed enthusiasm and ideas.

I returned via Sydney. And here is the view from where I stayed, courtesy of someone's
remarkable and much appreciated generosity...


3 comments:

Jo said...

One of these days I might make it to a con somewhere. Sounds like you had a really good time. How's the publishing situation coming along?

Glenda Larke said...

Watch this space, Jo!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have been anywhere near as great a con without you!

Karen