Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Where I am now

I have not been posting much lately.

So...

Our lounge room
What have I been up to? The very observant will notice that my word count in the sidebar has stalled for the past 10 days or so. I am 40% through the first draft, but I'm waiting for a bit of feedback from some beta readers. I've never done this before -- halted a book to get feedback -- but there is a first time for everything.

All my own work. Top 3 shelves - different editions
Having had trouble selling the idea for my next book has left me a bit adrift, doubting myself. I need to know whether to proceed with this one, or go back to The Masks of Yedron, or try something completely new. So I am waiting for what others think.

In the meantime I am catching up on some business matters, answering a backlog of emails and housework, enjoying the wonderful ego-boosting feedback I have been getting from readers of Stormlord's Exile...




And here for your edification is the lounge room of a couple who cannot live without books. The paper variety.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I am so sorry you are having confidence problems Glenda. We have faith in you. When one sees some of the rubbish that does get published I can see no reason for your problems. Maybe the rubbish sells well, I don't know.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Satima Flavell said...

Best kind of lounge room, Glenda! And chin up - your fans know whatever you do will be good, and we're waiting for it!

Glenda Larke said...

I'll never stop writing, that's for sure. But who knows, you may end up never seeing paperbooks of mine again...

However, I haven't given up. Just stopped submitting until I have the MS ready to go.

Jo said...

If you can't find a publisher, please consider ebooks. I would hate not to get your books at all.

Loved Exile by the way, sorry to have finished it. What about a book on Mica?