Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So, that's the copy edit done ...

...for Stormlord's Exile, Book 3. 
And guess what:

funny pictures-My get-up-and-go

I'm exhausted.

Right now, I am convinced the book is rubbish, I've never written anything so awful, and you'll all hate it. That's par for the course with every book at this stage. By the time I see the first pages (galley proofs as they used to be called) I shall have changed my mind. At least I hope I will have. Because if I haven't, it will mean that
the book is rubbish  
and I've never written anything so....


7 comments:

Jo said...

I have confidence even if you don't right now. Roll on August.

Helen V. said...

Since I've loved everything you've written I don't think that's likely.

Helen V. said...

BTW that cat is a perfect representation of how I feel right now.

phishlady said...

I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Found out about your books just weeks ago and devoured the first two in one day... I really love your writing and your characters (so nice to see a character who becomes a mom and then still has a life, doesn't just become the paper-doll in the corner while everyone else runs off and lives...)

Peter said...

The book is close to its stage enterance and the author has a bad case of stage fright.

Extremely unlikely to be rubbish - your track record and award nominations say otherwise.

Break a leg!

karenmiller said...

I so hear you. I am still at that stage with the first pages of Blight. Waaahhhhh! We are a sorry lot, we writers, truly. *g*

karenmiller said...

Sigh. Brain dead. And of course your book is fine because you are gifted.

And I know you want to say the same back to me. Why is that easier to say to you, and believe it, and so hard to hear?????