Saturday, October 02, 2010

Walking in the Bay of Fires

More from Tasmania's west coast...
The orange colour is lichens on the rocks




Those birds are Pied Oystercatchers and the endangered Hooded Plover

I guess because of my childhood, I am fond of open spaces and few people, of walking lonely places, of far vistas. I don't get it much where I live now.

I dream of places like these above, and wish I was back there - for if God is anywhere, it's in places like this. Not in shouting into loudspeakers.

2 comments:

Peter said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

I don't think that homo sapiens live lives to their full potential when forced to live like rats in a crowded and noisy barrel.

Jo said...

I agree with both of you. What a lovely place. I also loved your pictures of barren areas of Oz a couple or so years ago. Lovely places to be.