Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Writer's day - yipee!


First of all I get reprint copies of book 3 of the Isles of Glory in the mail. Yup, The Tainted has gone to yet another reprint in Australia to match the earlier reprints of book 1 & 2 this year. I do love Voyager Oz; they really get behind their writers and keep books in print.

Secondly, I get an email from one of my publishers' editors who has just read the latest effort, book 2 in the up and coming trilogy. Among some other nice things, she said "Wow". And: "it’s a fantastic book (as I’m sure you well know!)"

Actually, I didn't know. I always think that I have written an absolute lemon until I get an email from an editor...

Guess I am a typical insecure writer with all kinds of hang-ups.

But you know what? Today was a great day.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh yes, such comments from editors must really boost your self esteem. Even good comments from readers probably don't mean quite the same as from the editor.

Glad you have had such a good day - I'm not surprised the Isles of Glory is doing so well, I loved it.

Glenda Larke said...

Thanx, Jo. Tomorrow my Oz editor is telephoning me about the same manuscript, so I am reduced to a quivering mess once more... *sigh*

karenmiller said...

Reprints! Wheeeeee!

Great editor feedbac, priceless!!!!