Monday, March 02, 2009

Some pix from the (supposedly daily) walks my husband and I take. Above: morning mist.
Below: in the seriously degraded forest.




















I look down and see petals beneath my feet - thousands of them, everywhere. When I look up. I see the tree covered in flowers. A closer look - and the flowers are exquisite.


































And sometimes perfection is more lively. We saw this little fellow - as big as a thumbnail - crossing the road.
I think it is probably a Puddle Frog (Occidozyga laevis) - and it never grows much bigger than 3 or 4 cm.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Amazing you even spotted him, most of us probably wouldn't have.

Satima Flavell said...

I don't think would have seen such a tiny ceature, either. But the flowers are superb, and your photos put them in perspective.