Sunday, September 10, 2006

Guess where I was this weekend...

Here. A remote valley inside Kinabalu Park, accessible only by 4WD or intrepid mini Kancil drivers with a death wish. 1000m up, no hot water and generator power only 6 hours, at night.














And this was the view from the verandah. Which makes it all worthwhile.














And here I finished the first complete rewrite of Song of the Shiver Barrens, and started on the line edit with the first 10,000 words done. You'd think after a thorough rewrite, there wouldn't be many mistakes, wouldn't you? Hah! The print out looks like it's been attacked by an army of red pens.

5 comments:

hrugaar said...

You are so lucky to be able to sit down to work in such glorious surroundings. But I'm sure you know that already. :o)

Glenda Larke said...

Yep, I do - but then I've always wanted to go to the Channels Isles where certain other writer I know lives...and has a gorgeous garden just outside his window. *g*

KarenEMiller said...

A completed rewrite, woo hoo Glenda!!!!!!!

And what a lovely view.

hrugaar said...

I'll trade you CI for Sabah any day! And garden steals too much writing time.

Kanani said...

Gorgeous!